More information about it from a listserve:
- the printed volumes are generated and typeset by computer program;
- research questions may be answered, for our own work and for researchers who contact us;
- data are generated for online dissemination: currently, statistics (numbers of people and names, distribution by gender, place), name indexes and bibliographies;
- primary names are output for online analysis in a variety of fonts.
Online facilities based on the current database:
- Online searches: search and analyse over 35,000 published names.
- Files for downloading: bibliographies, forward and and reverse name indexes, from LGPN I-VA;
- addenda and corrigenda.to LGPN II, Attica (1987), with supplementary bibliography, posted by Sean Byrne,
- LGPN IIA: is the completely revised LGPN II, provided to the LGPN database by Sean Byrne. Full data are not yet available on this site, but the forward and reverse name indexes are available as downloadable files, and statistics about persons, names and places, are posted.
- More general statistics - in preparation.