Information about this open access journal from its home page:
eTopoi is a bilingual magazine which is published by the Excellence Cluster Topoi. It is an open access periodical, and all articles are available as PDF documents free of charge. eTopoi provides a forum of exchange between all disciplines in the area of classical and ancient studies, from pre- and early history to Egyptology and Near Eastern studies, to classical archaeology, classical philosophy, linguistics, literary studies, theories of science, and theology, and extending to other disciplines as well.
Envisioned for inclusion in particular are articles dealing with the shaping and transformation of spatial structures and knowledge systems in ancient societies, as well as with perceptions of and reflections on these phenomena. The focus is on innovative forms of interdisciplinary collaboration, including geoscientific-archaeological projects and ones in computational archaeology, in the history of knowledge, and in historical geography. The magazine hence mirrors the orientations of both research institutes, the disciplines they represent, and the networks of partner institutions with which they are affiliated. It is available as a platform to all interested researchers worldwide.
- Individual contributions from the above-named disciplines
- Research Reports from projects of the Excellence Cluster Topoi
- Publications from conferences organized by the Excellence Cluster Topoi
- eTopoi Reviews: book features and reviews of literature dealing with spatial aspects of ancient societies
- eTopoi Conference Reports: reports on conferences organized by the excellence cluster Topoi and other research institutes